Carol has over 20 years’ experience of working in a variety of senior roles in professional practice, financial services, and public sector.
She trained with PKF International and qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) in 1997 before moving to financial services where she held senior finance roles in Internal Audit, as a Financial Accountant and latterly Project Accountant. She then joined North Yorkshire County Council in the Financial Management in Schools team providing financial advice and reporting to several schools and their Governors.
In 2017, Carol returned to practice as a Client Accountant responsible for a portfolio of small companies, providing accounting and tax services.
Carol’s approach is hands on and practical and she enjoys working with clients to streamline finance processes and minimize the hard work.
- Preparation and submission of financial and tax accounts
- Tax advice and planning
- Cost control and margin improvement
- Financial processes- issue identification and resolution
- Management accounting and reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Production and evaluation of business plans